We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world's intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
Deepfield is a Nokia-owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Join us and help us advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
We are hiring an experienced (minimum 5+ years) Post Sales Engineer-Security who has worked with Service Provider accounts such as ISPs, MSOs, Telcos, and/or Mobile with a focus on network security. You will provide technical assistance related to DDoS threat and mitigation, customer training on Deepfield Product suite when appropriate, and advocate for the client experience. The ability for the post sales engineer to go deep into technical questions, as well as having solid presentation skills are a must. Having and understanding of ISP traffic patterns and challenges is also appropriate.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• Provide use case driven support to clients using DDoS detection and mitigation technologies
• Analyze client and global internet traffic patterns, reporting on lessons learned and fundamentals
• Provide customer demonstrations and technical walkthroughs
• Train customers on the Nokia Deepfield products in both formal and informal situations
• Develop and strengthen relationships with existing accounts
• Liaison between the client(s) and Nokia-Deepfeld BU to display and evolve product value
• Assist with writing and updating technical documentation
• Attend technical trade shows
• Flexibility in client meetings to allow for changing remote work requirements
• Work alongside industry leading team members
• Proficiency in speaking English
• Scrubber technology experience
• DDoS traffic patterns
• Packet Inspection
• CCNP SP
• Experience with NetFlow/SFlow/IPFIX
• Building strong relationships with customers
• Listening and communication: strong written and oral communication skills are essential
• Using Linux/UNIX operating systems at a user or admin level
• Being a self-starter who can hit the ground running
• Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Contributing remotely to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
• Scripting experience with Python
• Understanding of how distributed compute cluster functions
Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves.