Who We Are
Deepfield is a Nokia-owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend Internet backbone networks on a global scale. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics. We create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
Our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
The Technical Operations team ensures that our complex systems are running smoothly and are highly available. Expertise with Linux system administration and the command line is required. Familiarity with various storage solutions, cloud hosting providers, revision control software, networking and scripting in either Python or Bash is desired. Problem solving and experience investigating complex issues are a plus. A sense of ownership and responsibility is absolutely essential for success.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced systems administrator with a hacker mentality; someone who thrives in a complex, fast-moving environment. This isn't an upgrade to the latest version of the software once-a-year type of gig — our engineers must be able to triage complex problems, ensure system stability and constantly improve processes.
• Triage escalated production issues
• Work alongside application developers, network and systems engineers to perform system installations and software upgrades
• Deploy our product in customer data centers and public cloud solutions
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
• Attend customer project and technical calls
Skill set requirements
• 4-6 years of general systems administration
• Linux systems administration
• Basic understanding of Git repositories
• Demonstrable understanding of the processes and communications that lead to positive customer experiences
• Experience working within a ticket tracking system (JIRA, a plus)
• TCP/IP/BGP understanding
• Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
• Scripting experience
• Cloud hosting experience (such as Amazon Web Services)
• Familiarity with big data technologies (such as Hadoop)
• Experience with virtual platforms (such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
• Understanding of configuration management (such as SaltStack, Puppet)
• The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings…oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight