Who We Are
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
At Deepfield, a Nokia owned company, our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
Software Engineering Interns will work closely with Deepfield engineers to envision, design, develop, and iterate on new product features and enhancements. As an intern you will iterate on ideas of your own and ship them as part of products that many of the largest networks in the world used everyday to gain actionable intelligence and optimize their business.
What You’ll Do
• Write clean, scalable, and testable code
• Participate in code reviews
• Contribute as a member of a development team
Basic Experience Required
• Two years toward a computer science or similar degree; one year for graduate students
• Some experience developing with both a compiled language and a scripting language; experience with Python a plus
• Solid understanding of Linux and development in a Linux environment; familiarity with networking concepts a plus
What You’ll Get
• A well-funded startup with competitive salary
• The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight