Who We Are
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
At Deepfield, a Nokia owned company, our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
As the Scrum Master, you will be embedded on multiple software development teams to help keep teams focused on delivering high quality, excellent products and features. Your facilitation skills are required to support planning exercises with the team to create and then execute a feature backlog. While guiding the team through our release cycle, you’ll challenge the team to focus on delivering a minimum viable product to deliver features on time and within budget.
The Scrum Master will be collaborating with Product Owners, UX Designers, Architects, and development teams to define and cost the breath of projects, and track their progress. During your day to day activities, you will be balancing competing priorities and demands from our customers, sales, technical operations, and R&D to guide teams to their fullest potential.
• Facilitate Agile ceremonies (Standup/Scrum, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Release Planning, etc…) and championing Agile development best practices
• Communicate project progress, obstacles, and project risks to leadership
• Hold a deep understanding of project details, dependencies, and use cases
• Proactively lead and support development teams to refine their processes to become highly effective teams
• Collaborate with team leads to create, maintain, and organize backlogs
• Continuous learning about networking and the evolving problems we’re trying to solve
Skill set requirements
• Adaptable and skilled at working and leading teams in a thriving fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Strong sense of project ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends and deliver projects on time, in scope, and with the expected feature set
• Superb written and verbal communication skills are a must and have the ability to scale communications to technical and non-technical team members
• Previous work in a web-based application development environment
• 3+ years experience working within agile development environment, preferably in a variety of situations
• Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
• Certificated Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification a plus
• JIRA and Confluence administration experience
• The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight