Who We Are
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
At Deepfield, a Nokia owned company, our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
Deepfield is looking for an experienced (5+ years) Sales Engineer who has worked with Service Provider accounts such as ISPs, MSOs, Telcos, and/or Mobile to work remotely out of the Northeast/Virginias region. You will provide technical sales assistance, customer demonstrations, and solution architectures with Deepfield customers and prospects. Working closely with Account Teams, you will work to expand Deepfield's account base to meet or exceed sales goals. Since this role requires visiting current and prospective customers, approximately 35% travel is expected.
As a Deepfield Sales Engineer, you are a critical component to our sales process. You must have a clear understanding of subscriber and content networks, and the problems that each face as they deliver ever-increasing volumes of traffic to their customers. The ability for you to go deep into technical questions, as well as having solid presentation skills are a must. You must be able to present the products we have today to potential customers and also bring new and potentially beneficial use-cases for future products to Deepfield’s Product Management team.
• Be the primary customer interface for all pre-sales engagements
• Provide customer demonstrations and technical walkthroughs
• Train customers on the Deepfield products in both formal and informal situations
• Develop and strengthen relationships with existing accounts
• Actively communicate with Deepfield Engineering and Product Management with respect to evolving customer requests/requirements/needs
• Assist with writing and updating technical documentation
• Respond to Technical RFI/RFP/RFQ documents
• Use fundamental knowledge of the BGP routing protocol to understand network topology
• Attend technical trade shows
Skill set requirements
• Building strong relationships with customers to advance deals
• Listening and communicating: strong written and oral communication skills are essential
• Using Linux/UNIX operating systems at a user or admin level
• Being a self-starter who can hit the ground running
• Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Contributing remotely to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
• Scripting experience with Python
• Experience with NetFlow/SFlow/IPFIX
• Understanding of how distributed compute clusters function
• The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies