At Nokia, we create the technology to connect the world. We develop and deliver the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Our customers include communications service providers whose combined networks support 6.1 billion subscriptions, as well as enterprises in the private and public sector that use our network portfolio to increase productivity and enrich lives.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people, beings and things communicate and connect.
Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, we are leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity.
Deepfield is dedicated business line and a part of Nokia’s IP and Optical Networks business group. At Deepfield, we build software-based solutions that cover IP network intelligence, analytics and distributed denial of service (DDoS) security. Using our Deepfield portfolio, our customers can obtain unique, real-time network and services insight that can help them improve their network performance and security, and optimize their customers’ experience for the 5G, cloud and IoT era.
We are engaged in cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics and, as a result of our work we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence and analytics.
What We Do at Deepfield
Our customers are internet-focused companies that are fully immersed in the 21st century: our solutions have found their place in the largest networks of today – from service providers (cable and multiple system operators, telecommunications service providers, and cloud providers) to webscale companies and large digital enterprises. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is in turning all that data into meaningful and actionable information that can be used to drive improved network performance and customer experience, create better strategic business decisions and automate networks and network operations.
The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for all these answers.
About the Role
We are seeking a hands-on master of operations to help us achieve our mission by ensuring we have a productive, efficient, and enjoyable work experience for our 100+ employees across our Ann Arbor headquarters and with our remote employees worldwide.
You will play an instrumental part in orchestrating our physical work spaces. The ideal candidate thrives on bringing order to chaos, working in fast-paced environments where the only constant is change, and obsessing over how we design and operate our physical surroundings to help maximize team productivity and promote our company culture.
- Manage company swag, working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and HR teams to generate new ideas and manage and ship inventory
- Oversee our office lunches and snack programs, taking care that employees have nutritious food as required to be productive, and managing ad hoc needs as required
- Promote company culture! Regularly interact with everyone and anyone. Do end of year culture assessment.
- Work with IT to manage inventory of supplies, computer, IT, and conference room equipment, ensuring that all employees have all the ingredients required to be successful
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite company events, including generating creative ideas, scheduling, booking venues and catering, managing budgets, and more
- Manage all office vendors and technology and service vendors as required
- Serve as the primary operational contact to our remote employees, ensuring they are connected to the rest of the organization and have what they need to be successful
- Ensure our facilities operate smoothly, liaising with the property manager to handle all building related issues, and interfacing with employees on facilities matters like key cards
- Manage office deliveries and assist in shipping customer and marketing materials as necessary
- Maintain well-designed office environment for employees and visitors, including keeping common areas, conference rooms, and the kitchen neat, tidy, and stocked with supplies
- Receive all office visitors, including customers, candidates, vendors, and more, while providing an excellent first impression that’s consistent with our brand and values
- Partner with IT and Human Resources to set up new-hire work stations and support new employee onboarding
- As time allows, assist executives and employees with booking travel as necessary
- Serve as the main “go-to” person for a highly dynamic team and help out wherever necessary
- Maintain an organized and welcoming office environment addressing any issues that may arise
- Address and coordinate any facilities issues with Nokia’s Workplace Resources group
- Take the lead on event planning including company meals and outings
- Stock office snacks, beverages, and other kitchen supplies
- Greet visitors, sign for packages, and distribute mail
- Share relevant information with the team, using Slack, email and verbal communications
- Assist leadership team with meeting scheduling and preparation as needed
- Manage the on/off-boarding process from a Deepfield perspective
- Recruiting coordination including: back-and-forth communication with candidates through offer letter stage, career fair facilitation, internship coordination
- Assist the hiring managers as needed with any visa or other sponsorship activities
- Highly organized and process-oriented, with excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to deal with ambiguity and think outside the box
- Proficiency with modern productivity software tools like Office
- Basic proficiency with computers and IT equipment (e.g. printers, conference room phones, video conferencing equipment)
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
- Opportunity to learn about other cutting-edge technologies and engage in collaboration with diverse set of colleagues all over the world