Senior Software Test Engineer
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world’s most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
Job Position Description:
We are looking for Senior Test Engineer to help us ensure that our software can do what we promise. The glue between software development and released product, our engineers need to:
• Be proactive instead of reactive
• Understand the goals and objectives of the work at hand
• Design and write tests to ensure the features work
• Dig into failures to provide valuable feedback
• Provide tools to support team objective and verify customer deployments
• Most importantly, ensure our customers enjoy the product we are providing them
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• Work within a team to help facilitate a BDD (Behavior Driven Development) approach to testing
• Write Behave feature files, step definitions, and supporting Python code for UI and API testing
• Use and design JMeter tests to verify the performance of the product
• Provide suggestions on how to improve our processes and tools to better integrate into the SDLC (software development lifecycle)
• Create Jenkins jobs and use results from builds to verify deployments
• Be a conduit to expose and address bugs before they make it to production deployments
• Help build our continuous integration pipeline and improve our testing capabilities
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
Skill set requirements:
• Identifying test cases and integration points between software
• Collaborating with teams to define success criteria
• Writing object-oriented code used for testing, and interpret results of test runs
• Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
• Thinking of and building new integration and testing tools
• Experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers
• Familiarity with common networking protocols and terminology
• The excitement of having an immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.