At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world’s most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Deepfield is a Nokia-owned business unit that builds the analytics and security solutions that monitor and defend a vast number of Internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge solutions at the intersection of data science, network and subscriber analytics, and DDoS security. Our customers are the Internet - from communication service providers, Internet backbone and transit providers, Internet exchanges, content providers to enterprises. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
Job Position Description:
We are looking for an experienced product manager who can help drive the evolution of the Nokia Deepfield Subscriber Intelligence product portfolio. The individual must have a deep understand of and experience in residential broadband subscriber analytics, IP networking, IP network security, data analytics and data visualization, especially with communications service providers and Internet companies. Experience in mobile subscriber analytics is a plus but not required.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for leading the product lifecycle management of Deepfield’s Subscriber Intelligence product portfolio, along with other aspects of the larger Deepfield software product suite.
• They will develop and manage the business cases, use cases and product requirements for the Deepfield Subscriber Intelligence product portfolio, along with other Deepfield products. They will directly manage the Subscriber Intelligence product releases and feature prioritization, as well as define the product growth strategies, including looking at addressing tangential markets.
• They will collaborate with the Head of Product Management and other members of the product management team, product marketing, architecture and product development, as well as business development and sales teams to drive Deepfield’s solution to market, including maintaining the current generation Deepfield platform while scoping out the next generation of subscriber security and analytics.
• They will build relationships with key customers, channel partners, technology partners, Nokia account teams (account managers & sales engineers). They will act as the subject matter experts for engagements with industry analysts and media on a regular basis.
Strategy and Business Case Development
• They will develop the business case and strategy for growing the product including market assessment, competitive analysis, and funding requirements. Assess the critical success factors and the go-to-market plan.
• Assess technology trends, customers and market needs to help craft a growth strategy for the platform incorporating competitive analysis, solution composition, pricing and funding requirements
• Identify unmet demands and customer pain points that Nokia can profitably address
• Prioritize product requirements in concert with the overall product strategy
• Interface with the engineering team to develop effective requirements and use cases
• Work with engineering and QA to drive functional use cases
• Manage detailed requirements through agile development and QA process to ensure that they will meet customer expectations
• Provide product and roadmap presentations to customers
• Develop and deliver training to the sales force and channels
• Support sales in responding to RFPs & RFQs
• Develop and implement the product structure and pricing strategy for their assigned product in conjunction with the Deepfield product management team
• Work closely with the technical operations group on the feature and bug triage process
• Ensure success in product reviews, analyst updates and press announcements or engagements
• Provide technical support for trade shows, industry events and product announcements, including at speaking engagements and industry evangelism events
• Develop raw content for marketing collateral including technical white papers, application briefs, and other deliverables
• Partner integration & demonstration
• Install, configure document partner products/technologies
• Formulate integration plan for partner products/technologies
• Frequently monitor/compare competitive products and services on the market
• Recommend requirements based on competitive intelligence
• Develop and maintain competitive intelligence database
• Analyze markets to identify market trends and customer needs
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills / Knowledge)
• 8+ years of increasing responsibility for positioning and delivering networking and security solutions including Ethernet and IP (BGP, IGP, MPLS) networking and IP network security (DDoS) in service provider networks.
• Must have 3 years minimum of product management experience in a senior role, or previous experience in strategy development, business development, partnership development, and/or solutions marketing.
• Experience in subscriber analytics for CSPs is required. A deep understanding of how CSPs use subscriber network data to manage and build their networks is required. DPI experience is preferred.
• Degree in engineering or computer science; MBA or advanced degree is an asset but not required.
• Product management/business acumen – understand go-to-market requirements for networking solutions.
• Demonstrable experience in identifying changing business models, and ability to associate these to changing solution/product and architecture requirements.
• Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners)
• Must be comfortable working collaboratively across many groups within the organization including sales, business development, product management, marketing, services & support, manufacturing/operations, program management, legal, and finance
• High energy and ability to influence/lead others; willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and customers; proficiency in conflict management, negotiation, and presentation/demonstration
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Experience in an agile development environment is preferred.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and are an equal opportunity employer that attracts and hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.